Hold onto your bobbins.

I wasn't sure which one would be tossed through the dining room window, but lucky for the 4 year-old boy, he eventually wandered off to play with his cars. He had been standing there for some time, repeating,

"Mom. Mom. Mom. Mom. Mom. Mom."

"What?"

"I dunno."

This weekend, I pulled out my new/used sewing machine and set out to make a pair of curtains. Using only the operator's manual and my wits, I managed to load a bobbin with thread, insert it successfully into the belly of the machine and manually thread the top needle. The hardest part was feeding the lower thread up and out of the machine, but honestly, once I got going on a swatch of material, it went pretty well from there.

In all, it took me several hours to make one panel and by the time I was done, it was time to pack up and make dinner. I'm antsy to get going again, bolstered by how well the first one turned out.


Yeah, I know it's a little long, but once I make the second one, I plan to do their final hems at the same time to make sure they're the same length.

So, in the battle of Woman vs. Machine, I pleased to report that this woman is winning...

...and that the boy has been allowed to live for another day.

No comments: