Thankful times ten.

This Thanksgiving has me feeling particularly thankful. Here's why:
  1. I have an amazing husband/best friend who makes me laugh my ass off at least twice a week, if not more.
  2. My dearest children, Mad Dog, Crowbar and The Deuce who regularly run up, wrap their arms around my waist and tell me they love me. (Even when they're not jockeying to stay up late.)
  3. An amazing home that's big and old and full of possibilities that the aforementioned amazing husband/best friend and I can't wait to tackle.
  4. That despite the fact that my new role as Sunday School Teacher was begun out of slacker guilt, I've found that I really do love it. I love those kids and enjoy planning and presenting my weekly lessons. (Nobody can deliver 'Jonah and the Whale' quite like I can.)
  5. The fact that Mark's dog, Bandit, is now more my dog than his. She actually runs to me when he calls her now. (This is even though I threaten to dress her in pink and carry her around in a purse. I think she secretly wants it.)
  6. My job. I love my job. Notice I didn't say I love that I have a job? I really do love what I do and who I do it with. (That sounded a little naughty but I swear it isn't supposed to be.)
  7. My health. Finally.
  8. Mark's health. Again, finally.
  9. My loud and crazy family, 20+ of whom I'm hosting for Thanksgiving dinner on Wednesday -- including my big brother and his family. (I love and miss them like crazy and wish they lived next door.)
  10. My life. Five years ago I thought it was over, but it was far, far from it. I had no idea I had so much wonderfulness ahead.

Thankful. Thankful. Thankful.

No comments: