Welcome to the Dark Side.

It's Christmas time! And that means it's time to post one of my kids' Christmas lists for your amusement.

As you may recall from last year, The Deuce's list was dominated by high-end electronics and stuff hawked by Billy Mays (rest in peace). This year, her list is again the big winner in terms of sheer volume (a page and a half, single-spaced) and originality.

This year, I had no idea that when we watched The Addams Family movie for Halloween, that it would influence her Christmas list two months later. Obsessed with Wednesday Adams, Deuce has taken a liking to all things "goth." The girl has denounced the color pink and has plans to dye her hair black just as soon as I'll let her. (Read: never.)

So, without further ado, here are the highlights from Deuce's Christmas list, exactly as written, though I've bulleted it for your ease of reading. I was pleased to see that I've not totally lost her to the occult quite yet... all the i's are dotted with little circles -- cute as a button!)
  • Barbie Dolled up nails
  • My Sims Agents (NDS)
  • A Saint Bernard WebKinz
  • Gothic clothes
  • Big black boots
  • Gothic make up
  • A black cellphone
  • Black hair Die
  • A trip to Hollywood
  • Lilly the Cuddling Kitty
  • Goth dangaly earings
  • Gothic hats gloves and coats
  • Gothic shoes
  • A black kitten
  • A cable box
  • A black collar for my kitten or poodle (flee colar)
  • A DVD player
  • A soft football
  • A black bed for my kitten or poodle
  • A bunch of long sleeve dresses
  • A bunch of black tights
  • Hallaween decrations
  • Littlest Pet Shop Friends video game
  • A bunch of short sleved dresses
  • A mansion
  • A stuffed animal
  • A punching bag
  • Sorry Sliders board game
  • A fish
  • A 40 inch flat screen TV
  • Bop-It
  • A real disco ball
  • Gothic cloths for my barbie dolls
  • Barbie dolls with black hair
  • Black sweat bands
  • A black camera
  • A black robe with a hood
  • A belt
  • A black notebook
  • A black kitted blanket by mom (knitted)
  • black nail polish
  • A video box
  • Black bedding
  • A tralanchala
  • Easy Bake frosting pen
This list has given me a glimpse into life with Deuce as a teenager. Veeery scary.

I can guarantee you there will not be a big, hairy spider under our tree this year. Nor will there be a black robe with a hood. But, I may throw her a bone though and get the nail polish.

We'll see.

2 comments:

Chris said...

Yikes! Remember if it happens it's just a stage. Remember Joel's orange afro and my brother Pete's dog collar days. It all works out in the end!

Jess said...

It's funny. She's 9 and can't decide if she'd rather be big or small. One minute she'll throw teenage-worthy attitude and the next, she'll ask to sit on my lap.

Last night I was informed that noboby says, "totally" anymore and to please stop. At least in front of her friends.