Week in review

Click to enlarge.

This week completely flew by. And it did so swimmingly, I might add. There were really no major hiccups, so it ranked well on Mom's Tolerability Index.

Operation Mommie Dearest is yielding favorable results and the stress level at work has gone from DEFCON 1 back down to level 5. We've settled into a comfortable back-to-school routine and nightly homework is completed before dinner and largely without complaining.

The planets are aligned and all is right with the world.

But, if I had to put a finger on one thing that's been a bit of a pain in my ass (quite literally), it's my weight. Yes, I lost some weight this past year, but sadly, through one too many ice cream bars (among other things), I've gained much of it back. I know I still look okay, proportioned and all, but it's not really how I want to look.

My wake-up call came this week, when I was asked to shoot a video to promote WebEx, a web conferencing tool, at work. Now, I know we had less-than-ideal lighting and I know that the camera will add on a few extra pounds, but HOLY FUCK. (Sorry Mom, but you should've seen it.)

Seriously. Where were my cheekbones? My jawline? I looked like this guy:

"Hi. Use WebEx. It's great!"

Okay, maybe it wasn't that bad. Everyone said I looked good, but seriously, that clip will either launch me into an eating disorder or be the proper wake-up call I to make some better choices and to find ways to squeeze in some exercise.

I'm through with you, Mr. Crunch Bar.

Maybe I'll start tracking my progress on this blog. (But not in an obnoxious way, I promise.) Talk about accountability! Telling everyone my weight and what I'm doing to whittle it down may be a pretty good motivation.

But I think I need to psych myself up for it a bit. Get a game plan. I'll get back to y'all on this one.

No comments: