Six month countdown.

We've got officially six months until the wedding. For even a small wedding, there's a lot to do. Here's what we've checked off so far:
  • Set a date. (June 20)
  • Book the church / meet with the pastor.
  • Book the reception site.
  • Select a matron of honor. (My sister-in-law, Bees.)

And, that's where we've stalled out. Here's what we need to tackle, in no particular order, in the next few months:

  • Select a best man. (We're currently accepting applications.)
  • Buy The Dress.
  • Order invitations.
  • Pick a tux.
  • Book a photographer.
  • Book a florist. (I want to carry peonies - sans ants - for my bouquet.)
  • Plan the ceremony, music, vows.
  • Book plane tickets for the honeymoon.

I'm certain I'm missing several important items, but those, at least are the biggies.

I did manage to find a dress I really like:

Yes, I plan to stand at the alter exactly like this.

It's simple, but chic, and I really like it.

Seeing as this is my second wedding, the big poufy ballgown just doesn't feel right. This one is more my speed. I'm going to order it this week.

I had to unsubscribe from The Knot wedding-planning emails. I know their intent is to keep brides-to-be on track, but all the reminder emails (Did you find a caterer yet? Have you bought your shoes already? What's your man going to wear?) are obnoxious.

Okay, okay. Maybe if I wasn't behind the 8 ball, I'd see them as helpful, not naggy. I know what we need to do. We just need to do it.

The clock is tick, tick, ticking.

2 comments:

Ryan Family said...

You, with all your lists and diligent note taking, are not ahead of the wedding game? I'm slightly surprised!


I've got a great florist recommendation for you:

Carrie Kroening: www.petalsck.com

She's wonderful and has been voted best of Milwaukee in numerous "rating thingys". I met her at the wedding store one day and her personality is really fun too.

Jess said...

I know. I'm ashamed of myself.

Thanks for the florist tip.

Know any good photographers? We don't want the marathon photo day - seriously, what do you do with five pictures of a groom looking at his watch, or of the mother of the bride watching her little girl put on a veil?

I just want someone to come for a few hours during the dinner/reception thing to do some family photos/portraits. A few hours, tops.