The Great Halloween Candy Experiment.

Still reeling from the realization I'm behind the ball for Halloween costumes, I at least am prepared for trick-or-treaters. We loaded up on the candy supply - the perfect combination of chocolate goodness and hard, suckie candy.

I intend to bury my beloved peanut-butter cups deep in the bowl and hand out the Smarties and Sweet Tarts first.


Ahhh. Candy.


Then, The Duece, true to her type-A nature, began to sort through the candy and separate it:


She left for a bathroom break, mid-sort.

Turning the whole thing into a scientific experiment, we counted each pile. Our hypothesis was that there'd be equal amounts of each kind of candy. However, we were wrong:

And to compare the varieties graphically:

While I'm personally not pleased with the Reese's-to-Smarties ratio, I am proud of this little impromptu math lesson. I think my math teachers would be proud too.

No comments: