A Classic for the Kiddies.

I was born in 1973. As a kid, I didn't have a whole host of animated shows to watch. For a long time, our old Curtis Mathis consol TV only offered the occasional kid show, and it was usually on PBS.

As such, I didn't have a hard time deciding what to watch. I didn't have to pick between between Dora and Blues Clues or Veggie Tales and Barney.

Nope. I had one show and it was Sesame Street.

My Sesame Street had Gordon, Luis, Maria and even David and Mr. Hooper. And do you remember John-John, the little black boy? I used to wish I was him so I could play with the Muppets too.

One of my greatest joys in parenting is sharing my own long, lost pastimes with my kids. We play video games together - including Pac Man - and now, thanks to YouTube, I can share some of my old school Sesame Street favorites with them.

We'll all crowd around the computer as I punch up classics like Don Music composing Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star and play the Alligator King song. Well, last night I found one of my all time favorites: Madeline Kahn and Grover's duet, "Sing."

Enjoy.

2 comments:

Ryan Family said...

I vaguely remember that one too. I was a Sesame Street kid and then got lucky to watch Mr. Roger's Neighborhood afterward before nap time.

Jess said...

I always thought Lady Elaine was creepy looking.

Also, thanks to Mr. Rodgers, whenever I meet a cat, just before sneezing, I want to greet it with a, "Hello, meow-meow kitty, meow-meow."